Celebritytop Stories

March 1 is the date for final arguments in the Salman Khan blackbuck poaching case

Last month, Salman Khan and his ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam were acquitted in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. They had given their respective statements, Salman pleaded as not guilty and stated that the blackbuck had died of natural causes.
As per reports, Salman said, “Only the first forensic report of Dr Nepalia saying that the animal died of “natural causes” was true and the rest of the evidence is false.”
Now, according to a web portal, the final arguments in the case will be heard on March 1, as the actor’s lawyer could not produce any evidence in his defence. H M Saraswat, the actor’s counsel stated, “We have refused to produce any evidence in his defence in the court”.
Law officer (prosecution) Bhawani Singh said Chief Judicial Magistrate Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit have stated that the final arguments should proceed from March 1.
For those uninitiated, in the year 1998, during the shooting of ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam went for a hunt and killed two blackbucks in Kankani village. The locals from the Bishnoi community registered a case against them.
Last month, when Salman recorded his statement, he had answered around 65 questions and he stated that he was being framed falsely. He even claimed that he did not get out of his hotel for hunting. There were many witnesses from the Bishnoi community who had chased the actor after the blackbucks were shot dead, but Salman said that those witnesses were arranged by the forst department.
Well, now let’s wait for March 1 to see what happens next.
Share:

Leave a reply