The government will complete three years on May 26.
The Narendra Modi government at the Centre will be celebrating its three-year anniversary in May. And given the past two years, the expectation is that this year’s event is going to be big.
To celebrate its two years in office, the Modi government had gone all-out with a mega publicity drive including a massive 200 events across the country for a fortnight starting May 26, the day Modi assumed the top office.
The revelry had begun with a Modi rally in Uttar Pradesh and concluded with a gala event Ek Nai Subah at India Gate that was even attended by Bollywood celebrities.
So what all is in the pipeline for the upcoming bash? Here’s what to expect:
- Whether demonetisation worked or not, state polls were won. And so the Modi government will showcase the note ban as a success and testimony to the government’s seriousness in fighting corruption, as per a report in Economic Times. Unnamed officials told the newspaper that demonetisation will be explained and misconceptions cleared.
In an aggressive social media outreach, platforms like Facebook will have interviews with Union ministers, experts, and senior officers organised by the ministry’s New Media Wing
- In an indication that the celebrations may go on for much longer than last year, a massive 5,000 outreach programmes on having a cashless economy have been planned for three months across India
- What’s perhaps most interesting is that the government will release a video titled “Achhe din aa gaye” (Good days have arrived), as per an IANS report
- The report claimed that Modi may conclude the events with a press conference, which if it happens, will be his first since becoming PM
- BJP MPs and legislators will have to spend 72 hours in a village in their constituencies, as per a DNA report
- In the media there will be a ministry-wise comparison with the previous Congress-led UPA government’s performance, reports IANS. This is in addition to publicising the schemes and initiatives announced over the last year.
- Doordarshan will be the broadcaster of choice and will show nearly 25 short films of 2-3 minutes’ duration each on women, girl child empowerment and maternity-related initiatives
- The Economic Times report added that it is Venkaiah Naidu and Piyush Goyal who have been tasked with preparing the anniversary message of the government.